Sweating is a healthy and natural way for your body to get rid of toxins and regulate body temperature. Sweating should never be blocked as it is unhealthy and can trigger many diseases.
However, the effect of regular deodorants is often to close the sweat glands to keep the underarms dry. On the other hand, natural deodorant does not block sweating but aims to neutralize unpleasant odors and act antibacterial.
Nurme’s natural deodorant contains essential oils that have sweat-neutralizing properties and, in addition, the deodorants contain baking soda, which prevents the spread of odorous bacteria. The deodorants do not contain clay, which would make the deodorant crumbly, so you do not have to worry about unpleasant crumbling pieces. Also, the deodorant does not leave the underarms greasy but will leave them feeling dry and secure.
WHY PREFER NURME’S NATURAL DEODORANTS?
- they are aluminum-free
- they do not contain synthetic dyes or fragrances
- they are paraben-free
- they are 100% natural
- they are 100% cruelty-free
- they are “zero waste” – in addition to the deodorant itself, the packaging that is made out of cardboard, is also environmentally friendly
- they ensure the natural functioning of the body
There are 6 different fragrances to choose from, all of which are designed for both men and women:
- ylang-ylang & bergamot
- mandarin & orange
- spearmint & rosemary
- lavender & sage
- lime & patchouli
- lemon & eucalyptus (Anne & Stiil BEAUTY FAVORITE 2021)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING NATURAL DEODORANTS
- Soda deodorants are often too drying for the skin. Can the same thing happen with Nurme deodorants?
If there is too much soda added to the deodorant, it can indeed be too drying for the skin and even lead to severe redness and irritation. We have minimized the percentage of soda to the minimum in Nurme’s deodorants and we have tested the deodorants on people with sensitive skin. However, no product guarantees 100% fit for everyone. In case of redness, you should stop using the product.
- Does the natural deodorant leave your underarms greasy?
Although our deodorants contain shea butter and jojoba oil, they do not leave the underarms greasy. Cornstarch absorbs excess grease and oil and leaves the underarms feeling dry and secure.
- Does using a natural stick deodorant stop your body from sweating?
No, and that should never happen. Sweating plays a very important role in the body and blocking the sweat glands can lead to serious lymphatic system disorders or even up to breast cancer. Excessive sweating can be a sign of the body’s reaction to toxins. With natural deodorant, this concern can disappear and the sweating could be reduced. All Nurme’s natural deodorants have antiperspirant properties.
- Do Nurme’s deodorants stain clothes?
The key is to use the deodorant, following the principle of less is more. The deodorant should be applied to the skin as little as possible and you should allow it to dry and absorb for a few minutes before dressing. The deodorant is more likely to stain tight-fitting clothes. If stains occur, they can be removed by rubbing the stained areas with detergent before putting them in the washing machine or by washing them by hand with normal washing soap.
- Is Nurme’s deodorant packaging recyclable?
Yes, cardboard packaging can be placed in a packaging container. Make sure that the product is completely used or clean out the remaining part of the deodorant.
- You started using a natural deodorant, but now you can smell bad body odors? Why?
Natural deodorant is not to blame for this. You have probably used chemical deodorants in the past and your body is full of toxins. The body must now be allowed to recover and the unpleasant odor will disappear during a transition period of a few weeks. Once your body recovers, you will only smell the pure scent of flowers coming from essential oils.
- Will Nurme’s deodorant start to crumble?
No. Nurme’s deodorants do not contain clay, which is what makes the deodorant crumble. So you don’t have to worry about annoying crumbling pieces.
- Can Nurme’s natural deodorant be used after shaving?
Of course! However, it should be kept in mind that shaving causes micro-abrasions on the skin and it is not wise to apply deodorant immediately after shaving. Give the skin a few minutes to recover and then your skin will be ready for the deodorant.
- Nurme has 6 different deodorants. How do I know which one to choose?
Nurme’s deodorants have the same base recipe, but the difference is in the scents. Choose your favorite scent and decide on the scent that would work best for you. Our scent selection range goes from stronger scents to more delicate, floral, and citrus scents, as well as feminine and masculine scents. We make sure that we have a desirable scent for everyone. We warn you – you may find that every scent becomes your favorite!
- Has the deodorant been tested on animals?
No. Nurme loves animals and all of our products are completely cruelty-free.
- Does the deodorant contain palm fat?
No. Nurme deodorants are palm fat-free and will remain so forever.
- How to use the deodorant correctly?
- Remove the cap and squeeze the bottom of the tube, so a few centimeters of the deodorant stick comes out. If the stick does not want to move in the tube, hold it in your hand and warm it a little, you can move the tube around in your hands. This will warm up the deodorant and unstick it from the sides of the tube, so it starts moving in the package. If the stick tends to sink back to the bottom, squeeze it back up and hold it in place with your fingers placed under the stick.
- Always apply the deodorant to clean, washed, dry skin.
- Place the stick on warm skin for a few seconds to soften it and then rub it all over the armpit. Don’t forget that less is more – a thicker layer doesn’t mean longer protection.
- Allow the deodorant to dry and absorb for a few minutes before dressing. Then you are ready to continue your day.