Everything we apply to our body or hair is absorbed through the skin into our body. That is why we should give extra attention to the ingredient list of the products we use to make sure that no ingredient in the product endangers our health and well-being. Which ingredients should be given special attention? Why is natural shampoo the best choice? Which one fits my hair type best? We will try to answer your questions.
What ingredients shouldn’t be in your shampoo?
The list of shampoo ingredients is often long and includes various synthetic fragrances as well as parabens, sulfates, silicones, and much more, that our skin should not actually be exposed to. It is true that every ingredient is added to the shampoo for a specific purpose – to give the product, for example, a pleasant scent, to make the hair shine, to make the shampoo foamy, or to help the product last longer. Unfortunately, the same ingredients can damage our skin, hair, and general well-being in the long run. The good news, however, is that chemically enriched shampoos are by no means the only choice, and you can always decide in favor of clean, gentle, and natural hair care.
Nurme has come out with a 100% natural hair care series that does not contain parabens, silicones, synthetic dyes, or fragrances. They are gentle on the skin and hair, so you can safely wash children’s hair with them.
What is the secret of Nurme Cosmetics organic shampoos and conditioners?
Nurme shampoos use gentle surfactants that form a creamy foam and do not damage your scalp. Shampoos are enriched with natural extracts and natural essential oils to enhance the shampoos with natural aromatherapy scents that have a healing effect on both body and mind. In addition, Nurme Cosmetics shampoos contain Pro-Vitamin B5 and wheat protein. Pro-Vitamin B5 helps reduce hair damage and broken ends. Wheat protein, on the other hand, helps to strengthen hair by stimulating hair growth and making hair fluffy. Different essential oils work differently in shampoos, for example, some regulate the normal sebum secretion of the scalp, others promote hair growth, and so on.
Which Nurme Cosmetics shampoo might be right for you?
In order to ensure maximum care for your hair, it is worth choosing a shampoo and conditioner based on your hair type. This way, you can always provide your hair with exactly what it needs most. Nurme’s selection includes five shampoos and conditioners with different active ingredients:
- ROSMARY – suitable for damaged hair ends and problematic scalp. Shampoo with rosemary helps relieve dry scalp problems and is rated by users as one of the best hair cleansers in the fight against dandruff. Stress, seasonal changes, and a weakened immune system are just a few of the factors that can cover the scalp with white pieces of dandruff. Rosemary soothes an itchy scalp and contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial components, so in milder cases, just the right shampoo selection may be enough to get rid of dandruff. In addition, we recommend making a rosemary hair mask regularly, which you can read more about HERE.
- LAVENDER – Lavender is rich in nourishment, it moisturizes your scalp and hair and helps prevent hair loss. Lavender effectively improves blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn has a beneficial effect on hair growth, so it is the right choice if you want to stimulate your hair growth. In addition to lavender shampoo, also use lavender hair conditioner. A good tip – if you apply the conditioner on towel-dried hair, let it work for a little longer (5-10 minutes). This way, all the useful active ingredients can get work and make the hair healthier and stronger.
- LEMONGRASS – Lemongrass shampoo is suitable for hair that quickly becomes oily. Lemongrass regulates sweating and thus keeps hair clean several times longer. In addition, lemongrass shampoo gives hair a beautiful shine and makes combing your hair easier. Lemongrass shampoo and conditioner, which leave an enchanting lemongrass scent on your hair, are some of the most popular from Nurme’s selection.
- YLANG-YLANG – Ylang-ylang shampoo and conditioner help reduce hair loss.The shampoo with a sweet floral scent also helps to balance dry scalp, and the hair conditioner has a smoothing effect.
- PEPPERMINT – We have added peppermint to Nurme Cosmetics men’s shampoo. Although the packaging says FOR MEN, this does not mean that this shampoo does not have many admirers among women. The peppermint-rosemary shampoo is perfect for taking care of problematic scalp. It stimulates the hair follicles and gives hair vitality. Peppermint also gives the shampoo a pleasant cooling effect, so it is ideal for use in hot summers or after a workout.
We will share with you the feedback of one dear customer about Nurme rosemary shampoo. Eva-Maria, who had been struggling with her daughter’s itchy scalp for a long time, wrote us: “I had been struggling with my teenage daughter’s scalp for several years. It was dry and itchy and I had to choose shampoos carefully. Basically, only one pharmacy shampoo with a rather crisp price was suitable. If it was sold out at the time and the pharmacist recommended to try another product, the itching was back in a few days. That’s why we have several decent pharmacy shampoos at our home, which unfortunately didn’t suit my daughter. One day my daughter said she might try some natural shampoo. Since our family already praises nature care and natural products, I decided to go to the Nurme e-store. After a thorough reading (which product is best for irritated scalp), I ordered the rosemary shampoo and conditioner, hemp body cream and hand cream, and other little things. I thought that if the products are not suitable for my daughter, I would be happy to try these products myself. Now we have been using Nurme shampoo and conditioner for several weeks, and to my great joy and surprise, my daughter’s scalp does not itch. The bonus is that the hair no longer gets greasy so quickly, compared to the pharmacy shampoos that in addition to the scalp, also moisturized the hair quite well”.
Hair oils – how, when and how often to use the oil?
Hair oils help to repair dry and broken hair ends and make them healthy and strong again. In addition, a revitalizing hair mask can be made with hair oils to make your hair beautiful and shiny. For hair oils, we recommend using, for example, avocado oil, coconut oil, shea nut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil and argan oil.
Different oils also have different effects on the hair. For example, shea nut oil helps to revive dry and damaged hair, giving it a silky shine, which makes it especially suitable for curly hair. However, argan oil nourishes dry scalp and restores split ends. Castor oil promotes hair growth. Jojoba oil acts as a conditioner and is also suitable for people with sensitive skin. Avocado oil helps to make hair easier to style and improves the health of the scalp. Coconut oil is especially suitable for the roots and ends of hair, making hair silky and shiny.
The frequency of using hair oil depends on both your individual hair type and the condition of your hair. You can add hair oil to the ends of the hair after each wash. However, we recommend making a hair mask less often – if you just want to give your hair shine, vitality, and vitamins from time to time, make the mask a few times a month. However, if, for example, you are bundled with dandruff during a stressful period, you can make a hair mask more often. You can make a hair mask mixing your favorite oil and essential oils. For dandruff problems, you can get effective help from a rosemary hair mask. Make a mixture of a base oil of your choice, per tablespoon of oil, add 2 drops of essential oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp, leave it on for at least 20 minutes and then wash off with water, which is a little warmer than usual.
We invite you to try Nurme shampoos and conditioners with enchanting scents. Also share your experience and feedback with us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.